- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Tasmania: Hobart Airport freight handling and commercial precinct has its first tenant
- UK bans ad that encouraged swapping avocados for bacon and egg rolls
- Start of organic mango season in Peru & Ecuador
- "Customers want year-round supply of Bollo fruit"
- Availability of organic products on the rise in Bulgaria
Rhineland-Palatinate and North Rhine-Westphalia want to work together on fruit production
A planning group consisting of representatives of the ministries as well as the trade associations will work out a concept for a new orientation of KoGa. In the opinion of Secretary of State Bottermann, climate change will dramatically change the necessary conditions for orchards. “It's no longer just about finding solutions to individual diseases like apple scab; instead we need to help businesses introduce completely new production and distribution systems,” said Bottermann.
An equally important driver of change will be digitization, State Secretary Becht claimed. “Sensor technology coupled with precision control will pose new challenges for businesses, while helping them to save on herbicides,” Becht said.
The reason for the meeting of the two state politicians was the decision of the Landtag Rhineland-Palatinate, initiated by the State Audit Office of Rhineland-Palatinate in 2013, not to extend the leases for the Klein-Altendorf location from October 2024 onwards. Becht and Bottermann used the exchange of ideas to agree on key points for cooperation between the two orchards and the future of KoGa.
In the opinion of the two State Secretaries, the timing for the reorientation of the KoGa is optimal. In Nordrhein-Wesfalen, for example, the revision of the contracts between the chamber of agriculture responsible for the consultancy and the state are also on the agenda for 2018, as is the new concept of KoGa planned by Rhineland-Palatinate. Bottermann and Becht agreed to jointly shape the new beginning from the start. In addition to the trade associations and the partners of the KoGa, Rhineland-Palatinate and North Rhine-Westphalia will send ministry representatives to the established planning group. In addition to this, the two state secretaries will be kept informed about the plans and personally participate in important decisions.
"We will use the opportunity to reorganize fruit-growing consultancy across borders and in a forward-looking manner," said Becht and Bottermann.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/18/2018 Russia: Grape imports on the rise this season
- 10/18/2018 Argentina once again celebrates “Blueberry Week”
- 10/18/2018 Innovative machine to select pears
- 10/15/2018 AC Foods chooses blueberry vision from Unitec for quality sorting of blueberries
- 10/15/2018 Australian summerfruit growers exporting to China receive extra funding
- 10/12/2018 Free fruit initiative Pick n Pay is a roaring success
- 10/12/2018 Growing focus on red grapes in Namibia
- 10/12/2018 AU: Projects underway in Northern NSW to increase berry growing efficiency
- 10/11/2018 The only organic stonefruit this time of the year comes from South Africa
- 10/11/2018 Argentinian blueberries just beginning imports
- 10/05/2018 Developments in apple production and trade in Turkey
- 10/05/2018 Moldovan apple production again expected to increase
- 10/05/2018 Sharp increase of Turkish apple exports to Russia and Belarus
- 10/05/2018 California grapes included in test kitchen seminar
- 10/05/2018 New Zealand avocado industry on track to bounce back from last year's low volume season
- 10/04/2018 Tomato production and increasing prices in Turkish market
- 10/04/2018 New pomegranate processing plant inaugurated in Southern Italy
- 10/04/2018 “There has only been a very short period where demand and supply was in balance"
- 10/04/2018 France: fruit and vegetable prices above the five year average
- 10/03/2018 Cosmic Crisp consumer launch campaign underway