Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New produce printing method uses food colouring
A method for printing fruit and vegetables with food colouring has been developed by Kellermeister Manns GmbH.
The trick is to print round objects of varying shape and diameter without bruising. The company uses a process with special food dyes that they claim do not affect the fruit's taste or shelf life. With the patent-pending method developed by the exhibitor, even delicate tomatoes can be printed without any marks or bruising.
The process allows for customer logos for marketing purposes, growers' logos to identify the brand, or batch numbers for traceability. Apples, pears, oranges, bananas, tomatoes, cucumbers, sweet peppers and many other fruit and vegetable varieties can be visually enhanced in this way.
For more information:
Kellermeister Manns GmbH
Tel: +49 2045 960 477
Publication date: 1/23/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: