Job offersmore »
- Senior Banana Ripener - Swords, North County Dublin
- Senior Manager, Technical Advisory and Category Management - Vantaa Finland
- Junior Trader Europe Division - Europe
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
Top 5 - yesterday
- "New melon programmes from Honduras are a nice addition"
- World Vegetable Map 2018: More than just a local affair
- Drones and laser labels for sustainable banana production
- An Australian first, blood oranges processed for Sicilian customers
- Mexico: Avocados from Jalisco will enter the US, regardless of what happens to the NAFTA
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Shandong tomato price appears weak
According to a survey carried out by the Price Bureau of Linzi in Zibo, Shandong, the tomato prices in Linzi in 2017 appeared to be in a weak state, with setback after setback. The Linzi Price Bureau analyzed the substantial drop in tomato prices this year and points to several important causes:
Firstly, high prices last year encouraged farmers in surrounding areas to expand tomato production.
Secondly, some companies limit production and transport for environmental protection, which influences centralized consumer demand for tomatoes nationwide.
Thirdly, temperatures this year were slightly higher than normal, and the tomato production in south China increased. The centralized method of bringing tomatoes to the market impedes the tomatoes from greenhouses in the north and leads to a drop in prices. It is naturally difficult for Linzi to avoid the consequences.
Source: Zibo Linzi Price Bureau
Publication date: 1/10/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: