- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Export Manager
- Highly Experienced Agribusiness Professional now Available
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Californian kiwi crop: 30.000 tons
This year’s crop totalled more than 30,000 tons, on par with 2016. That may sound like a lot, but it’s just a small part of the global kiwi supply of more than 1.3 million tons.
In recent years, a flood of imported Italian and Chilean kiwis pushed down prices in the U.S., putting many Californian growers out of business. Now, kiwifruits are grown extensively around the world in areas with a Mediterranean climate. Chile, Greece, France, Turkey and Iran all grow more kiwifruit than California.
According to a fredericksburg.com article, nowadays only 171 California farms-most of them small-grow kiwis, down from 300 a decade ago. Some orchards in Butte and Yuba counties were lost to last winter’s heavy rains, when the orchards stayed flooded for too long.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/15/2018 Chinese kiwi prices on a roller coaster ride
- 10/15/2018 "Kiwis are going to be a growing crop in Valencia"
- 10/15/2018 South African off-season avocados: “There are a lot of hectares coming”
- 10/15/2018 Mango industry in Australia expected to produce more than 10 million trays
- 10/12/2018 US lifts ban on Peruvian pomegranate arils
- 10/12/2018 "Sichuan kiwifruit aims for European market"
- 10/12/2018 Southeast Asian fruit imports push Chinese industry forward
- 10/12/2018 European gooseberry market much more established than the US
- 10/12/2018 US lifts ban on pomegranate aril import from Peru
- 10/12/2018 Sri Lanka: Pineapple and passion fruit cultivation zones to be established in Moneragala
- 10/12/2018 Vietnam: Fire destroys hundreds of tons of dragon fruit
- 10/11/2018 Italy: Fewer persimmons but good quality and better prices
- 10/11/2018 The climate changes and tropical fruits grow in Italy
- 10/11/2018 Colombia: National coconuts cover 80% of domestic demand
- 10/11/2018 China: Fresh "fruit lotus root" from Linyi, Shandong, enters the market
- 10/11/2018 "People are only now discovering the kaki"
- 10/11/2018 Malta's forgotten miracle crop - prickly pears
- 10/11/2018 Start of organic mango season in Peru & Ecuador
- 10/11/2018 ‘Vietnam optimizes dragon fruit exports’
- 10/10/2018 Chile ships its last kiwis of the season