Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- 'Readycado': Sensor alerts avo lovers when fruit is ready to eat
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: "Bright future for mango processing industries"
"Huaping county in Lijiang is China's northernmost village with high-quality, late-maturing mangoes. The unique character of Huaping's late-maturing mango and the superiority of its industry is shaped by the natural growing environment and the distinctive method of cultivation. The 'Huaping Mango' was declared a symbolic regional product." This is according to Ms. Zou Jie of
Lijiang Huaping Golden Mango Ecology Development Co., Ltd.
Ms. Zou Jie in the mango plantation
"Under regular weather conditions the growing season of Huaping mangoes starts every year in June and ends in November. Looking back on the growing season that just ended, the overall output of Yunnan mangoes was higher than in the last growing season. However, the price did not fluctuate much, because nationwide the demand for Yunnan mangoes is also growing."
"The increased demand for Huaping mangoes benefits from three aspects: first, Huaping mangoes only enter the market when mangoes from other areas in the country are already leaving. This allows for a strong market share. Second, customers in North China have increased their understanding of and familiarity with mangoes in recent years. Their desire to purchase mangoes is growing stronger. And third, the fast development of web shops and WeChat businesses have created favorable conditions for nationwide sales of Huaping mangoes."
Ms. Zou Jie in the mango plantation
Large Huaping mangoes
"This company owns 333 hectares of organic mango plantations in Huaping, Lijiang, Fujian. We cultivate eight main varieties, including Triumph, Red Elephant Tusk, Small Bay Mango, and Golden Brightness. We have chosen to grow our mangoes organically to give them added value. In this stage, we have registered the brands 'Elder Sister Mango', 'Lijiang Golden Mango', and symbolic regional brand 'Huaping Mango'. Our mangoes predominantly sell in the wholesale markets and supermarkets of first- and second-tier cities nationwide. A small volume goes through exporters who sell in Dubai and Southeast Asian countries."
Recently harvested fresh mangoes
"Our main marketing channel is still the traditional wholesale market, but since 2015 we sell an increasing volume through online business platforms. At present, while we cooperate with all the large online business platforms, we also join hands with Pagoda and such companies to develop the sales market in Guangzhou, Shanghai, Beijing, and Shenzhen. Apart from fresh mangoes, our WeChat business teams throughout the country also sell such processed mango products as mango jam. We have followed the changes in consumer patterns in recent years. The domestic market for dried mango and other such snacks has a growing demand. Furthermore, at present China predominantly relies on import to satisfy this demand. Because of this, we think that the future of the mango processing industry is bright."
Full company name: Lijiang Huaping Golden Mango Ecology Development Co., Ltd.
Company website: http://www.jinmanguo.com/
Telephone number: +86 139 0888 6990
+86 888 6473 189
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Publication date: 1/10/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: