- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Strengthening citric fruit to better resist climate change
One of the negative environmental conditions that will worsen with the effects of global warming is the flooding of farmland due to torrential rain. For this reason the plant hormone, abscisic acid or ABA, which is key to regulating tolerance to adverse environmental conditions by plants, has been studied. Thus it was observed that there are specific hormonal and molecular responses to stress due to flooding.
Orange trees with heightened resistance to stress
According to an sciencedaily.com article, now Arbona and his researchers are looking at how cellular responses vary -on a molecular level- among roots of flooded plants when the hormone is not present. Basic knowledge on how this signaling path is organized and its key role in plant resistance to substrate flooding is the first step towards the biotechnological production of citric fruits that are more resistant to this type of stress.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-16 Wilmington port welcomes first Moroccan citrus in US of the season
- 2018-11-16 China: Hainan "Qiongzhong green oranges" are ripe and entering the market
- 2018-11-16 Nepal: Orange harvest in eastern Hills up 50 percent
- 2018-11-15 "We are not one of those early starters"
- 2018-11-15 Orange imports increase as domestic juice supply remains squeezed
- 2018-11-15 “New citrus markets hard to find”
- 2018-11-15 Spain: "The delay of Huelva's mandarins causes production overlap"
- 2018-11-15 Spain: Citrus fruits allegedly being sold again at open prices
- 2018-11-15 Sharp increase of Georgian mandarin exports
- 2018-11-14 Spain: Processors start buying oranges at very low prices
- 2018-11-13 Crisis officially over but Greeks hardly notice it
- 2018-11-13 US: Florida orange production down 3 per cent from October forecast
- 2018-11-13 Spain: "Citrus volume from South Africa will start falling sharply soon"
- 2018-11-13 Spain: Quality of Cordoba's citrus will be higher this campaign
- 2018-11-13 Taiwan: Market entry of Taidong Navel orange delayed
- 2018-11-12 How to prevent the appearance of 'creasing' in Navel oranges
- 2018-11-12 "Good harvest of, somewhat smaller, Berkane Clementines"
- 2018-11-12 The Sicilian PGI Red Orange campaign has officially started
- 2018-11-12 China: Green oranges from Qiongzhong enter market in bulk
- 2018-11-12 Devaluation of Turkish lira puts pressure on citrus market