Job offersmore »
- Senior Banana Ripener - Swords, North County Dublin
- Senior Manager, Technical Advisory and Category Management - Vantaa Finland
- Junior Trader Europe Division - Europe
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
Top 5 - yesterday
- "New melon programmes from Honduras are a nice addition"
- World Vegetable Map 2018: More than just a local affair
- Drones and laser labels for sustainable banana production
- An Australian first, blood oranges processed for Sicilian customers
- Mexico: Avocados from Jalisco will enter the US, regardless of what happens to the NAFTA
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
California Giant sponsors 5th Annual Tour de Fresh
California Giant Berry Farms has announced it will again be a premier sponsor for the Tour De Fresh to be held in July this year and is helping to create some new elements to benefit both riders and sponsors.
The team at California Giant is already preparing for new and exciting challenges for the riders and additional sponsorship opportunities due to the success from the last four years. “Its hard to believe we are already celebrating the 5th year of this produce industry event” says Cindy Jewell, VP of marketing. The four previous years have generated over $600,000 to providing children with access to fruits and vegetables in the form of over 180 salad bars placed in schools across the country.
Participants at the 2017 Tour de Fresh
Some of the changes the company is working on this month include finalizing details for a four day ride instead of the previous year at 3 days. The extra day was added based on rider feedback as well as the location for the actual ride which begins in beautiful South Lake Tahoe area at Kirkwood Ski Resort. Additionally, the company is working on creating a finish line festival at the end of the four days that will serve as more of a full party at the finish to allow sponsors a real chance to have tents featuring their product samples, swag, etc.
California Giant will also be donating a Tour De Fresh auction item to the Bids for Kids Auction being held online now by the United Fresh Start Foundation. The final auction event will be held at the United Fresh Start Foundation Gala in San Diego on January 16, 2018. However, bidding has already started on this auction item that includes a weekend in South Lake Tahoe before the Tour de Fresh kicks off on Sunday, July 22, 2018. Anyone interested in having a front row seat to the 5th annual Tour de Fresh can log on to the auction and bid for this unique offer that includes lodging, participation in the kick off dinner and start of the Tour de Fresh as well as a 5th annual jersey and rider swag bag. Log on here for more information.
Sponsorships and rider spots are still available for the 2018 Tour De Fresh on a limited basis, so interested parties are encouraged to follow this link for more details, http://www.tourdefresh.com/.
For more information:
California Giant Berry Farms
+1 (831) 728-1773
Publication date: 1/10/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: