Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- Greenyard gives first estimate of financial impact of recent recall
- Looking inside the packing house of a California avocado grower-shipper
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Tsunami hits Mallorca and Menorca
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Tunisia: Fruit exports up 38% in 2017Recent data from the Tunisian Ministry of Agriculture, Water Resources and Fishing show that the country’s revenue from fruit exports increased by 38% in 2017 compared to 2016, to reach 61.532 million dinars (MD), compared to 44.518 million dinars.
This growth was explained by developing Tunisian exports in 2017; exports into new markets, such as Qatar (1,157 tons against 128 tons) and Russia (874 tons against 318 tons). The quantities of fruit exported increased by 4%, from 23,297 in 2016 to 24,214 tons in 2017.
Numbers in an africanmanager.com article were as follows: Fisheries occupy the first place in exports (30%), i.e. 15,891 tons for a total of 6.364 MD, watermelon is in second position (7230 tons / 5762 MD), then grenade fruits (5,889 tons / 2.720 MD), apricots (4,038 tons / 1.856 MD), raspberries (5,609 tons / 379 MD) and prickly pears (4,274 tons / 681 MD).
Libya was the primary destination of summer fruit exports over the period from 2 January to 29 December 2017, with 12,191 tons, or 50% of the quantities exported, followed by France (3,607 tons / 8.721 MD), Italy (2,625 tons / 3.159 MD) and Kuwait (609 tons / 4.740 MD).
Publication date: 1/10/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: