Job offersmore »
- Senior Manager, Technical Advisory and Category Management - Vantaa Finland
- Junior Trader Europe Division - Europe
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Spain: Sentinel II optical sorting machine debuts on television
- Spain: Organic food consumption continues to grow
- Foreign trade characterized by banking measures and import regulation
- It’s Fresh! secures $10 million investment from AgroFresh
- Firms announce deeper collaboration on M&A's in produce sector
Exchange ratesmore »
Tunisia: Fruit exports up 38% in 2017Recent data from the Tunisian Ministry of Agriculture, Water Resources and Fishing show that the country’s revenue from fruit exports increased by 38% in 2017 compared to 2016, to reach 61.532 million dinars (MD), compared to 44.518 million dinars.
This growth was explained by developing Tunisian exports in 2017; exports into new markets, such as Qatar (1,157 tons against 128 tons) and Russia (874 tons against 318 tons). The quantities of fruit exported increased by 4%, from 23,297 in 2016 to 24,214 tons in 2017.
Numbers in an africanmanager.com article were as follows: Fisheries occupy the first place in exports (30%), i.e. 15,891 tons for a total of 6.364 MD, watermelon is in second position (7230 tons / 5762 MD), then grenade fruits (5,889 tons / 2.720 MD), apricots (4,038 tons / 1.856 MD), raspberries (5,609 tons / 379 MD) and prickly pears (4,274 tons / 681 MD).
Libya was the primary destination of summer fruit exports over the period from 2 January to 29 December 2017, with 12,191 tons, or 50% of the quantities exported, followed by France (3,607 tons / 8.721 MD), Italy (2,625 tons / 3.159 MD) and Kuwait (609 tons / 4.740 MD).
Publication date: 1/10/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: