- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Export Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
- Australian agriculture groups join together to voice concerns over harvest workforce plans
- Greenhouse vegetable grower to launch seven products at PMA
- Ukraine: Smaller producers not harvesting apples at the moment
- Aldi and Dachser: UK and Irish partnership extended with 5-year deal
- Potatoes turned into crisps in 53 minutes
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
NZ: MyFarm turns to fruit investments
The rural investment firm, founded in 1990, initially invested in dairy farms which it syndicated to investors. Since then it has moved into sheep and beef farming, horticulture and mussel farming, now with more than $500 million of rural assets under its management.
The company, however, expects its dairy investments to shrink as farms are sold when investments mature. According to Chief executive Andrew Watters, horticulture is expected to produce cash returns of up to 7 - 15 percent, which is generally more than pastoral farm investments.
According to nzcity.co, MyFarm has moved outside its core skill set into permanent crops like kiwifruit, pipfruit, viticulture and other types of food production such as mussel farming - where it stepped back from day-to-day management and instead partnered with operators.
He said the company was eyeing new investments in previously overlooked industries which were relatively small but fast growing. "There's quite a bit to look at and be excited about," he said.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/15/2018 Wuppertal student develops 'storage ABC' for fruits and vegetables
- 10/15/2018 Pharr, Texas celebrates the start of the 2018-2019 produce season
- 10/15/2018 Deluge continues across south-east Queensland
- 10/12/2018 New US trade agreement just 'tip of the iceberg'
- 10/12/2018 'Germany dominating cucumber market, more so than The Netherlands'
- 10/12/2018 Value of Turkish fruit and veg exports so far this year exceeds 1 billion dollars
- 10/11/2018 US: Most agricultural commodities neutral to profitable
- 10/10/2018 Morocco, Russia willing to set up tripartite partnership with Africa
- 10/10/2018 Putin: Expand presence of Russian agricultural products on international market
- 10/10/2018 Most Nigerians do not meet fruit intake requirements
- 10/09/2018 Traditional shops fade - supermarkets rally
- 10/09/2018 World’s largest vertical farm to be built in South Dubai
- 10/08/2018 Turkey: East Black Sea region fresh fruit and vegetable exports to Russia
- 10/08/2018 "Agriculture delivers 77% of Moroccan exports to Russia"
- 10/08/2018 Peru added-value exports to Canada grew 12.2%
- 10/05/2018 Co-op farming model might strengthen America’s small farms
- 10/05/2018 Spain: Eight Andalusian horticultural firms seek opportunities in Hungary and Romania
- 10/05/2018 BLE Market Report: "The strawberry season is definitely over"
- 10/05/2018 China: How to solve the problem of unmarketable fruit?
- 10/05/2018 Serbia arrests 36 for alleged smuggling of EU fruit to Russia