Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Aberdeenshire vegetable growers’ healthy eating challengeVegetable growers in Aberdeenshire have invited people of all ages to join them in a New Year challenge that will boost their health.
Participants are encouraged to record the number of portions of fruit and vegetables they eat each day in January. Contestants can award themselves virtual medals depending on how many portions they eat, and can share their progress online.
Thescottishfarmer.co.uk reported: Dr Wendy Seel and Dr Anne Taylor of Vital Veg, Midmar explain: “There must be thousands of people who are keen to achieve the five-a-day goal, and just don’t manage it. I thought that a fun challenge might help.”
“There’s no downside to participating in this challenge,” commented Pete Ritchie, director of Nourish Scotland. “The research shows that the more vegetables and fruit we eat, the more our health is likely to improve. Even if we all eat just one or two more portions of fruit and veg per day, there are health benefits."
Publication date: 1/9/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: