- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- Mexico: "6 out of every 10 papayas consumed in North America are from Colima"
- Ghana: Actor John Dumelo makes money from own cucumbers
- ''First Rainforest Alliance certified EXCELBAN® bananas from own plantation''
- Plenty of sweet jobs in Australia’s Northern Territory
- Hurricane Florence slowing down and tracking further south
Top 5 -last week
Pilot of self-driving mobile mini-grocery store
Sprouts Farmers Market: preliminary Q4 and 2017 results
Target Corp. is ending its partnership with Instacart following its acquisition of the San Francisco-based delivery service’s rival Shipt, the Star Tribune of Minnesota has reported. Although it hasn't given a time frame for the wind-down, Target eventually will stop using Instacart in the areas where it currently delivers for the Minneapolis-based mass-merchandiser: the Twin Cities, Chicago and San Francisco, three of the 150 total markets where Target delivers the same day. A source told the newspaper that Target accounts for less than 1 percent of Instacart’s entire volume.
US: Self-driving mobile grocery may soon take a test spin
A self-driving mobile mini-grocery store could launch a pilot program as early as this summer, according to Retail Leader. The “Robomart” would be licensed to retailers, who would be responsible for stocking fresh produce and other groceries inside. Consumers can then request a Robomart, pick out groceries just steps from their front door, and be charged automatically for their selections. The California-based company will unveil its prototype market on Monday at CES in Las Vegas.
US: Sprouts Farmers Market announces preliminary Q4 and 2017 results
Sprouts Farmers Market, Inc. announced that for the fourth quarter 2017 it expects to report comparable store sales growth of 4.6%. For the fiscal year ended December 31, 2017, it expects to report net sales growth of 15.3%, comparable store sales growth of 2.9%, and earnings per share slightly above its previously announced guidance range of $0.98 to $0.99.
Lidl to open 5 new stores and biggest warehouse to date in London
Lidl is set to open five new London stores and and build its largest UK warehouse to date in a move that the supermarket says underlines the “scale” of its expansion plans in Britain’s capital. The German-owned grocery chain said the new sites – located in Shepherd’s Bush, Walthamstow Central, South Ruislip, Hornchurch and Rosehill – will open within the next two months, though the launch date for its new warehouse has yet to be set.
UK: Morrisons beats forecasts for Christmas trading
Morrisons beat forecasts for underlying sales in the key Christmas period, as premium products, online sales and competitive prices lured more shoppers into Britain’s No. 4 supermarket group. The Bradford, northern England, based grocer said on Tuesday group like-for-like sales, excluding fuel, rose 2.8% in the 10 weeks to Jan. 7, the bulk of its fourth quarter.
Coop Switzerland sees turnover increase 3% in FY 2017
Coop Switzerland has posted a turnover of CHF 29.2bln for full year 2017, an increase of 3.0% on the previous 12-month period, the company said in a statement. In its retail business, Coop Switzerland was up 1.4%, while its wholesale trade and production business saw an increase of 6.0%.
Turkey retail sales rise for second month
Turkey's retail sales increased for the second straight month in November, figures from the Turkish Statistical Institute showed. Retail sales rose a seasonally and calendar-adjusted 0.7% month-over-month in November, following a 0.9% increase in October. Sales of food, drinks and tobacco grew 0.4% monthly in November and non-food sales, except automotive fuel, climbed by 1.8%.
Aldi rolls out vegan and vegetarian product line
German-based supermarket chain Aldi has launched a line of vegetarian and vegan products in their American stores called Earth Grown. The high demand from customers for more vegan options after the success of Alid’s dairy-free ice cream has resulted in a line of meatless hot dogs, meatballs, chicken tenders, veggie burgers, and cheeses.
Chinese market still tempting for Carrefour
China will provide more and more commercial opportunities in overseas markets thanks to the country's Belt and Road initiative, while attracting more investment, products, technologies and services domestically, Thierry Garnier, president and CEO of Carrefour China, told the Global Times on Friday. "The good Chinese commercial environment for foreign companies allows us to expand and develop day by day, and in return we bring new retail concepts and knowledge to the China market," he said.
Spain: DIA trials forecourt store concept in Madrid
Spanish retailer DIA is reported to be trialling a new forecourt store format in Madrid, according to Lebensmittel Zeitung. In partnership with petrol distributor BP, the retailer is launching its new 'Shop' format at a number of service stations around the country's capital city. However, the retailer has said that this move is only a pilot programme, and it has no plans yet for a roll-out across the country.
Danish shoppers to buy more groceries online in 2018
Danish consumers are expected to buy more groceries, food and drinks online this year, reports Dansk Handelsblad. According to analysis from FDIH, the association for Danish Internet Trade, 2018 is set to become a record year for online retailers. It noted that one third of consumers are set to make more purchases online this year than in 2017, while only 7% are expected to buy less.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/18/2018 Coop: virtual shopping chatbot launched
- 10/18/2018 Smart & Final: milestone with extra banner
- 10/17/2018 UK regulator: Sainsbury's-Asda probe will include Aldi, Lidl and Amazon
- 10/17/2018 Walmart expects fastest sales growth this decade
- 10/16/2018 12 supermarkets and hypermarkets operated by the Quattrucci family join the Casino Group
- 10/16/2018 Albertsons: For 3rd consecutive quarter ID sales grow while ecommerce soars
- 10/15/2018 Aldi and Dachser: UK and Irish partnership extended with 5-year deal
- 10/15/2018 Amazon: $80mln distribution center
- 10/12/2018 Asda: EAS refresh continues with Tyco Retail Solutions
- 10/12/2018 7-Eleven joins forces with foodora for convenient Canadian delivery
- 10/11/2018 ICA: September sales figures
- 10/11/2018 Meijer: sustainability moves awarded as both supplier and carrier
- 10/10/2018 Carrefour has acquired Planeta Huerto
- 10/10/2018 7-Eleven: 1st location at Texas Motor Speedway
- 10/09/2018 Vietnamese supermarket chain acquired by Vingroup retail arm
- 10/09/2018 Target: new private label
- 10/08/2018 Casino Group: new ‘Le 4 Casino’ concept store in Paris
- 10/08/2018 Costco: Q4 income rises
- 10/05/2018 Alibaba and Kroger ally to deliver China’s groceries
- 10/05/2018 Walmart selects Nielsen Brandbank for connected content partner program