Job offersmore »
- VP Sales and Marketing - Warsaw
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
Top 5 - yesterday
- US Romaine lettuce E. coli outbreak quite relentless
- A challenging new citrus import season from southern hemisphere
- NZ: Spraying without chemicals, residues or health and safety issues
- Busy first day of CPMA show in sunny Vancouver
- "Rumours causing importers to switch from Chinese to Spanish garlic"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Desperate protests by Uttar Pradesh farmersIn the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh farmers undertook an unusual form of protest against the governmental policy of low produce prices; they dumped potatoes on the ground in front of the Chief Minister House, the Raj Bhawan and the Assembly.
According to thenews.com, the farmers from Lucknow dumped their potatoes in this unique protest, after having claimed to be unable to even recoup the costs of planting the tubers.
Currently, the farmers are receiving exceptionally low prices for their potatoes.
Publication date: 1/9/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: