Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- Australian grower recognized for efforts in China
- UK importer & Mexican lime producer plan to launch organic Fair-Trade alternative
- “Since 2002, US avocado consumption has grown 250 percent”
- Earlier 2018 Mexican table grape season kick off expected
- The new Spring Sunshine mandarin could be the world's tastiest
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Greece: Orange, mandarin and kiwi exports at slower paceExports of Greek oranges, mandarins and kiwis have been going at a slower pace due to the sale of the available stocks motivated by the Christmas festivities. Exports of apples and cucumbers, as well as strawberries and tomatoes, are still underway. The prices are satisfactory and prospects are positive, with demand expected to grow next week. However, controls need to be stepped up in order to curb the frequent shipment of substandard products that can damage the reputation of Greek exporters.
According to data from the Directorate of Documentation and Statistics of the Ministry of Rural Development and Food, exports of fresh fruit and vegetables for the week lasting between 30/12/2017 and 5/1/2018 are as follows:
-Oranges: 106,713 tonnes, compared to 131,296 tonnes last year.
-Mandarins: 71,373 tonnes, compared to 66,051 tonnes last year.
-Lemons: 4,198 tonnes, compared to 1,644 tonnes last year.
-Grapefruit: 195 tonnes, compared to 157 tonnes last year.
-Apples: 26,985 tonnes, compared to 40,623 tonnes last year.
-Cucumbers: 13,901 tonnes, compared to 10,494 tonnes last year.
-Kiwis: 83,400 tonnes, compared to 60,267 tonnes last year.
-Table grapes: 93,614 tonnes, compared to 73,256 tonnes last year.
Publication date: 1/9/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: