Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Greece preparing protective measures for domestic produceThe Greek Ministry of Agriculture has started negotiations with domestic growers in order to protect local produce. To this end, markets are being created for the exclusive sale of Greek goods, which will be sold directly by the producers, said Minister Vangelis Apostolou, quoted by the Bulgarian National Radio.
This follows statements from Greek producers, who were once again announced to be ready to hold protests in late January. The government is responding to this by announcing a law that will allow the setting up of markets for Greek fruit and vegetables only. This is expected to be beneficial for both producers and customers, as producer prices will undoubtedly be lower than those currently being set by wholesalers.
Producers are expecting to make higher profits in these markets, since they will set retail prices for their own products themselves. The measure is also introduced for the protection of Greek producers, as stressed by the Ministry of Agriculture.
Moreover, there will also be a mutual fund to help producers in natural disasters. The European Union is also participating in it with 10 million Euro, announced Minister Apostolou.
Publication date: 1/9/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: