Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- Eden Agri Citrus: black farmers assume majority share-holding in packhouse
- Canadian growers shake their heads at talk of boycotting US goods
- First ever red sweet onions out of Walla Walla
- New Zealand: Exclusive avocado access to Australia under threat
- German specialist extending shelf life without preservatives
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Frozen Tenderstem® launches in UKFresh produce brand, Tenderstem®, has announced it is to launch frozen Tenderstem® in the UK, an innovation which is a world first for the brand.
After almost a decade in development, frozen Tenderstem® will be available from January from Iceland Foods in a 270g pack of individually-frozen stems.
Supplied by TSA International Ltd, which has been a licensee of Tenderstem® for more than 10 years, the product has been developed using TSA’s extensive knowledge of growing and selling fresh Tenderstem®. The supplier has developed a technique of freezing the hand-picked crop within hours of picking, packaging it and delivering it to consumers in premium condition. Frozen Tenderstem® is currently harvested in Kenya.
Frozen Tenderstem® retains all the qualities that the UK consumer has come to expect from this leading fresh produce brand: with no preparation required and no waste, frozen Tenderstem® can be eaten from stem to floret. Frozen Tenderstem® is also just as versatile, cooking straight from frozen in all manner of ways, from roasting to steaming and frying to boiling. By freezing at the point of harvest, all the nutrients and vitamins present in raw Tenderstem® are retained.
Michelle Evans, chief marketing officer at Coregeo®, master licensor of Tenderstem® in the UK said: “Frozen Tenderstem® has been several years in the making, so we’re thrilled that the team at TSA International Ltd has finally cracked the code and can produce a product that meets the exacting standards we set ourselves.
“Frozen Tenderstem® offers consumers flexibility and convenience, and the fact that the product can be used in so many cuisines means frozen Tenderstem® is incredibly versatile. We’re hoping that this new innovation will make Tenderstem® even more accessible to consumers, encouraging them to try something new.”
Sales of Tenderstem® are currently up 15% YTD and frozen offers a fantastic opportunity to continue growing the brand by targeting a new customer with a new offering. Sarah Jackson, General Manager at TSA International Ltd commented: “We’ve seen great success with fresh Tenderstem® over the years and we knew that there was a demand for this versatile vegetable to be offered to consumers frozen. We’ve taken our time developing the product, making sure that the sweet flavour and tender texture that makes Tenderstem® so unique is captured perfectly when cooked from frozen.”
For more information:
Tel: +44 113 307 0113
Publication date: 1/9/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: