Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Frozen Tenderstem® launches in UKFresh produce brand, Tenderstem®, has announced it is to launch frozen Tenderstem® in the UK, an innovation which is a world first for the brand.
After almost a decade in development, frozen Tenderstem® will be available from January from Iceland Foods in a 270g pack of individually-frozen stems.
Supplied by TSA International Ltd, which has been a licensee of Tenderstem® for more than 10 years, the product has been developed using TSA’s extensive knowledge of growing and selling fresh Tenderstem®. The supplier has developed a technique of freezing the hand-picked crop within hours of picking, packaging it and delivering it to consumers in premium condition. Frozen Tenderstem® is currently harvested in Kenya.
Frozen Tenderstem® retains all the qualities that the UK consumer has come to expect from this leading fresh produce brand: with no preparation required and no waste, frozen Tenderstem® can be eaten from stem to floret. Frozen Tenderstem® is also just as versatile, cooking straight from frozen in all manner of ways, from roasting to steaming and frying to boiling. By freezing at the point of harvest, all the nutrients and vitamins present in raw Tenderstem® are retained.
Michelle Evans, chief marketing officer at Coregeo®, master licensor of Tenderstem® in the UK said: “Frozen Tenderstem® has been several years in the making, so we’re thrilled that the team at TSA International Ltd has finally cracked the code and can produce a product that meets the exacting standards we set ourselves.
“Frozen Tenderstem® offers consumers flexibility and convenience, and the fact that the product can be used in so many cuisines means frozen Tenderstem® is incredibly versatile. We’re hoping that this new innovation will make Tenderstem® even more accessible to consumers, encouraging them to try something new.”
Sales of Tenderstem® are currently up 15% YTD and frozen offers a fantastic opportunity to continue growing the brand by targeting a new customer with a new offering. Sarah Jackson, General Manager at TSA International Ltd commented: “We’ve seen great success with fresh Tenderstem® over the years and we knew that there was a demand for this versatile vegetable to be offered to consumers frozen. We’ve taken our time developing the product, making sure that the sweet flavour and tender texture that makes Tenderstem® so unique is captured perfectly when cooked from frozen.”
For more information:
Tel: +44 113 307 0113
Publication date: 1/9/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: