Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Navarro Darder SL
Spanish onion packer buys weighing and packing machinesAnnually, in the Southern Spanish city of Valencia, Navarro Darder SL packages about 25 000 tonnes of onions. In order to supply their clients in a better and quicker manner, this company has, in recent years, invested heavily in fast, reliable Manter weighing and packing machines. "We are currently working with the MD14 XL. In combination with the latest MBP HS and SAB HS machines, we can quickly change to the required packaging. We now no longer ask our clients when they want to collect; we now ask how many trucks they want to be loaded?" says Commercial Director, José Vte. Darder, laughingly.
Both Cesar Navarro and José Vte. Darder. are convinced that, "by investing in these modern machines we can realise our future growth in a sustainable manner."
Cesar Navarro and José Vte. Darder both see client satisfaction as the most important goal in their daily activities. To ensure this, this business offers a wide range of packaging options for yellow, red, white and sweet onions. Making up 99% of their turnover, onions are by far their most important crop. In early spring, this company also supplies exclusive, regional new potatoes to clients in Spain, as well as abroad. Of the total turnover, 25% remains in Spain. The remaining 75% goes to central markets in the Netherlands, Germany, Northern and Southern Europe and even South America. "Our clients demand a wide product assortment, from small packaging to 5 - 25kg boxes and net bags. It is, therefore, important to us that we can quickly change from one type of packaging to another with our machines", says Navarro. "We deliver a good quality, fast service which is why we can also ask a good price for our products", adds Darder.
"We have known Manter products for a long time", says Navarro. He is impressed with the company's worldwide reputation, as well as with the local attention that he receives from Manter Packaging Iberica. "We know of various Spanish businesses who have been working, with full satisfaction, with these reliable Manter machines for 20 years now. We, ourselves, have a close working relationship with our local man, Albert Llaguerri, and his technical team. Short communication lines are essential. We must be assured of quick assistance if needed. Just-in-time delivery is, after all, important. The combination of the MBP HS and SAB HS machines with MD14 XL weigher allows Navarro Darder to now accurately weigh their large Spanish onions and pack them according to the client's wishes", Navarro explains. "After the introduction of the Manter MBP HS and SAB HS, we quickly knew we would be investing in these new machines."
De MBP HS, places hessian, net and other kinds of bags which have holes and a plastic strip, under the filling hole of the other machine. It has undergone various changes. It is now completely encased and so, will meet future CE norms. This makes it very safe to use. The MPB remains easily accessible thanks to large doors. Its speed has also been increased, which makes this machine, and the SAB HS packaging machine a strong combination. Together, these machines can package and tightly sew closed 20 bags of 25 kg per minute. "Switchovers are also quick now. Within 45 seconds, we can accurately weight and pack with a different kind of packaging", Navarro Darder's Director says.
Looking to the future, these Spanish specialists want to continue expanding their sales. The company is ideally located close to the port of Valencia and the large highways to the important Spanish cities of Madrid and Barcelona, as well as the rest of Europe. This forms a firm basis for the future. In the coming years, the business expects its turnover to increase by 20% per year. "By investing in these modern machines, we can also realise this growth in a sustainable manner in the coming years", says both Navarro and Darder.
The combination of the MBP HS and SAB HS with the MD14 XL weigher means Navarro Darder can now accurately weigh their large Spanish onions and package them to their clients' specifications.
Publication date: 1/9/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: