Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- “Europe is literally waiting for every lemon”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Market Gardeners Limited acquires shareholding in First Fresh NZLeading New Zealand supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, Market Gardeners Limited, trading as MG Marketing (MG), and leading New Zealand Citrus Marketing company First Fresh NZ Limited (First Fresh), are pleased to announce that in late December 2017, MG acquired a 30% shareholding in First Fresh. The 30% shareholding was acquired from the founder and Chairman of First Fresh, Bill Thorpe.
Ian Albers, Managing Director of First Fresh, said that “Bill, having been involved in First Fresh since its inception in the early 1990’s had been signalling his intentions to retire from First Fresh for several months. MG, having had a long term and effective business working relationship based on mutual trust, were seen as the logical business partners to take up Bill Thorpe’s 30% shareholding in First Fresh.
First Fresh will continue to trade in its own right and from that perspective it is business as usual. We are excited to have MG as a shareholder in the company. Their input into the strategic direction of the company will be invaluable, along with their strong presence in the wholesale markets throughout New Zealand providing a solid foundation for future growth and enhanced service levels”.
MG’s Chief Executive Peter Hendry agrees; “Citrus is a major category for MG and we see this as an exciting opportunity to further strengthen our supply base, provide a sustainable platform for citrus growers, enhance growth and value for all involved in the industry. MG’s shareholding in First Fresh is a natural extension of what has been a very successful working relationship over many years and we look forward to working with a very capable First Fresh team into the future”.
For more information:
First Fresh NZ Ltd
Tel: +64 21 285 2596
Publication date: 1/9/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: