Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Germany: Growth opportunities for chicory
From the perspective of the Horticultural Association Berlin-Brandenburg, the classic winter vegetable chicory has clear growth opportunities. For this to happen, however, the different types of preparation would have to be made even better known, said the association on Freita.
Nationwide, there are only a few farms that grow this vegetable. In Brandenburg, two companies dedicated themselves to chicory on a larger scale. Now is the main harvest time, but the vegetables can be harvested throughout the year because they grow in dark rooms.
The association experiences strong competition from chicory cultivation in France and Belgium. There, the per capita consumption is also significantly higher. On average, it is between four and five kilograms in these countries, compared to only 300 grams a year in Germany.
Publication date: 1/9/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: