Job offersmore »
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
- Horticultural Consultant - Sydney, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Germany: Growth opportunities for chicory
From the perspective of the Horticultural Association Berlin-Brandenburg, the classic winter vegetable chicory has clear growth opportunities. For this to happen, however, the different types of preparation would have to be made even better known, said the association on Freita.
Nationwide, there are only a few farms that grow this vegetable. In Brandenburg, two companies dedicated themselves to chicory on a larger scale. Now is the main harvest time, but the vegetables can be harvested throughout the year because they grow in dark rooms.
The association experiences strong competition from chicory cultivation in France and Belgium. There, the per capita consumption is also significantly higher. On average, it is between four and five kilograms in these countries, compared to only 300 grams a year in Germany.
Publication date: 1/9/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: