- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
- Grower - Carlisle, Pa. USA
- Procurement manager-buyer
- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- US salad recall includes Whole Foods 365 brand
- UK soft fruit grower consulting with staff
- US (CA): Smart Cannabis retrofits greenhouses in Monterey County
- Peru exported more avos and mangoes in first eight months than in all of last year
- India: Rising freight rates & traffic stops trouble Kashmir’s apple exports
Switzerland: Coop Group increases sales to over CHF 29 billion
Net sales in retail amounted to CHF 17.4 billion. The Coop supermarkets increased their customer frequency by a good 5.7% and, at CHF 10.3 billion in net sales, exceeded the previous year's level. The specialized formats increased by 2.8% in net sales to CHF 7.1 billion. In the home electronics area, Coop continued to expand its position as market leader with over CHF 2.0 billion in net sales.
Wholesale / production
In the wholesale / production business, net sales increased by 6.0% to CHF 13.0 billion. The Transgourmet Group generated net sales of CHF 9.1 billion. This enabled Transgourmet to grow by 6.0% and further expand its position as the second largest company in the European pick-up and delivery wholesaler.
The online trade of the Coop Group continues to grow. Net sales amounted to CHF 1.7 billion, representing a growth of 18.8%. In the retail sector, net sales in the online business increased by 19.8% to CHF 675 million. Online supermarket Coop@home recorded a very good growth of 10.5% and generated net sales of CHF 142 million. The online shops in the area of consumer electronics with Microspot, Nettoshop, Fust and Interdiscount also continued on their successful course, increasing by 22.8% to CHF 422 million. In wholesale, net sales in the online business grew by 18.2% to CHF 1.0 billion.
The own-label sustainability brands and quality labels in the retail sector continued to develop very positively in 2017 as well. Sustainability revenue grew by 5.6% to over CHF 3.7 billion.
[1 Swiss Franc = 0,86 euros]
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/22/2018 Chiquita opens doors of banana ripening plant
- 10/22/2018 Dutch ambassador opens Algerian potato storage facility
- 10/22/2018 Chainn will be operational from November 1st
- 10/22/2018 Pace International launches new edible fruit coating
- 10/22/2018 AVEVA partners with TOMRA to lead 'digital transformation of fresh produce industry'
- 10/22/2018 HelloFresh acquires Canadian meal kit company Chefs Plate
- 10/19/2018 PMA CEO Burns’ State of the industry
- 10/19/2018 "There is no doubt that resistant varieties are the future"
- 10/19/2018 Mixed loads increasingly popular
- 10/19/2018 KÖLLA UK newly empowered
- 10/19/2018 Label manufacturer launches new brand and website
- 10/19/2018 Whole Leaf is ready to grow with a new President
- 10/19/2018 Schoeller Allibert appoints Ludo Gielen as new CEO
- 10/19/2018 China's biggest retailer is coming to America
- 10/18/2018 France: Auchan to run urban farms near hypermarkets
- 10/18/2018 VLAM displays wide range of products in Dubai
- 10/18/2018 “With these new washing lines we can serve our clients faster"
- 10/18/2018 Spanish growers join forces to market Adora tomatoes
- 10/18/2018 Exquisite Fruits plans to import organic bananas from Ecuador and the Dominican Republic
- 10/18/2018 Amazon celebrates 20th anniversary