Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
EC reinforces potato inspection measures to notify cases of Epitrix
The European Commission (EC) has reinforced the inspection measures established to notify cases of potatoes infested with the Epitrix cucumeris, Epitrix potato, Epitrix subcrinita, and Epitrix tuberis pathogens.
The Official Newspaper of the European Union (DOUE) published on Friday an implementing decision that modifies a previous one to undertake necessary changes before new empirical evidence.
According to the text, experience has shown that superficial galleries and small holes that larvae dig under the epidermis of potato tubers are reliable signs of infestation by these organisms.
Therefore, the inspection, notification and demarcation measures shouldn't only be applied when there is a specific presence of the organisms, but also when these signs are simply observed, even if the pathogens are not perceived.
Publication date: 1/9/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: