Job offersmore »
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
- Horticultural Consultant - Sydney, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
EC reinforces potato inspection measures to notify cases of Epitrix
The European Commission (EC) has reinforced the inspection measures established to notify cases of potatoes infested with the Epitrix cucumeris, Epitrix potato, Epitrix subcrinita, and Epitrix tuberis pathogens.
The Official Newspaper of the European Union (DOUE) published on Friday an implementing decision that modifies a previous one to undertake necessary changes before new empirical evidence.
According to the text, experience has shown that superficial galleries and small holes that larvae dig under the epidermis of potato tubers are reliable signs of infestation by these organisms.
Therefore, the inspection, notification and demarcation measures shouldn't only be applied when there is a specific presence of the organisms, but also when these signs are simply observed, even if the pathogens are not perceived.
Publication date: 1/9/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: