Job offersmore »
- Junior Trader Europe Division - Europe
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Spain: Sentinel II optical sorting machine debuts on television
- Spain: Organic food consumption continues to grow
- Foreign trade characterized by banking measures and import regulation
- It’s Fresh! secures $10 million investment from AgroFresh
- Firms announce deeper collaboration on M&A's in produce sector
Exchange ratesmore »
Iraq continues to ban imports of some Iranian cropsIraq continues to ban the import of some crops from Iran, stressing the need for economic diplomacy. Seyed Reza Nourani told the Mehr News Agency :“The Iraqi government has banned the entry into its country of some Iranian crops including lettuce, turnips, beets, cabbage and cauliflower.” The ban has been in place since last week.
It is not the first time the Iraqi government has banned crops from Iran. Previously other products from Iran were banned, including watermelons, potatoes, apples and tomatoes. Nourani stressed the need for resolving the issue saying “unfortunately, we are always faced with a new issue in our trade with Iraq.” He pointed out that these bans have so far hurt the Iranian farmers severely.
The head of the National Union of Iran’s agricultural products said that Iraq is one of major markets for Iranian crops, and stressed that Iraq cannot easily replace Iran with another country in securing its agricultural products.
Publication date: 1/9/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: