Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Queenslanders second most unhealthy in AustraliaQueensland is the second unhealthiest state in the nation; residents are not eating their daily portions of fruit and vegetables and are drinking excessively.
A new survey -The Great Aussie Health Discovery- of more than 11,000 Australians revealed only seven percent of people eat the recommended two serves of fruit and five serves of veg each day. Meanwhile 80 percent are regularly consuming highly processed takeaway foods such as meat pies, hot chips, crisps, biscuits and muffins. And almost 10 percent are drinking alcohol at dangerous levels.
Only South Australia beat Queensland for the title of worst in the country. Perthnow.com.au learned that according to the survey, Queenslanders are the biggest drinkers in Australia. Queenslanders were also eating the least fruit in the country, being 20 percent more likely than the national population to not eat any fruit on a typical day. They are also 7 percent more likely than the national average to not eat any vegetables in a typical day.
Publication date: 1/8/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: