Job offersmore »
- VP Sales and Marketing - Warsaw
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
Top 5 - yesterday
- US Romaine lettuce E. coli outbreak quite relentless
- A challenging new citrus import season from southern hemisphere
- NZ: Spraying without chemicals, residues or health and safety issues
- Busy first day of CPMA show in sunny Vancouver
- "Rumours causing importers to switch from Chinese to Spanish garlic"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Fruit and vegetable sector in Turkey reaches highest export levelFor Turkish exports, 2017 was a lucrative year. It recorded the second highest figure in the country's history, generating $157.1 billion. According to the Turkish Exporters Assembly (TİM), the automotive, machinery, jewellery, defence and aviation, fruits and vegetables and ornamental plants sectors reached their highest annual levels in exports.
TİM Chairman Mehmet Büyükekşi noted that the fruits and vegetables sector reached an all-time high with $1.4 billion, as did the ornamental plants sector with $85 million.
Büyükekşi told dailysabah.com that the countries Turkey exports mostly remained unchanged in 2017, but the ranking changed slightly. The top three are Germany, the U.K. and Italy respectively, but the U.S., which ranked fifth last year, rose to fourth place this year. China ranked fifteenth, rising three places. "Countries such as Israel, Romania and Bulgaria rose in the ranking this year. In the top 20, we got the highest export increase in Russia."
Publication date: 1/8/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: