- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
- Grower - Carlisle, Pa. USA
- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Potato price drops as Indian farmers pin hopes on ‘Bhavantar’
Vegetable growers said the state government should further cap vegetable cultivation in each field to ensure financial benefit to smaller landowners. They are also demanding regulation of the ‘arthiyas’ (commission agents and middlemen).
A potato grower from Jhansa Singh said the existing potato pricing was causing him a loss of 10,000 rupees (132 euros) per acre. However, he hoped the Bhavantar scheme may ensure the recovery of the cost input.
Another farmer Harpal Singh told tribuneindia.com the government should extend the secured prices for peas and other vegetables. He said food processing units should be opened in clusters for the benefit of farmers and that the government should put a stop to the price manipulations by the arthiyas.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/19/2018 China: Gansu onions damaged by weather
- 10/19/2018 Vidalia onions look to the future with mechanical planting
- 10/19/2018 Louisiana bans sweet potatoes from NC, SC, and FL
- 10/19/2018 Higher shallot production for Indonesia
- 10/19/2018 Lewis Lydon receives 2018 Reg Miller Award
- 10/18/2018 Yield organic of potatoes has not collapsed as much as that of conventional ones
- 10/18/2018 India: Onions likely to cost Rs 45 a kg by Diwali on low crop
- 10/18/2018 Egypt - “We aim to export 5,000 tons of sweet potato next year”
- 10/18/2018 Most of North Carolina's sweet potato crop saved
- 10/18/2018 Onion Market and Crop Update for October 18, 2018
- 10/17/2018 Spain: Potato campaign coming to an end in Castile-Leon
- 10/17/2018 “More potato virus cases suspected”
- 10/17/2018 UK potato farmers feel effects of variable weather
- 10/17/2018 "Very few transactions on the fresh market"
- 10/17/2018 Belgium: Potato yield, size and EPS are the lowest in the last 4 harvests
- 10/16/2018 Test grubbing delivers lower yields than expected
- 10/15/2018 Potato, onion and carrot market in Lower Austria: Stable market situation
- 10/15/2018 “We’ve never been out of potatoes before”
- 10/15/2018 ''Hurricane leads to sweet potato harvest problems in the US''
- 10/15/2018 Scotland: Guide for potato pest