Job offersmore »
- VP Sales and Marketing - Warsaw
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
Top 5 - yesterday
- US Romaine lettuce E. coli outbreak quite relentless
- A challenging new citrus import season from southern hemisphere
- NZ: Spraying without chemicals, residues or health and safety issues
- Busy first day of CPMA show in sunny Vancouver
- "Rumours causing importers to switch from Chinese to Spanish garlic"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Ginger price drops by over 20%
Recently, large quantities of Shandong ginger entered the market, which has led to a drop in the ginger price. According to data from the Xinfade Market, the price was between 1.5 and 3 yuan per 500 gram. That is a drop of 25% from last week, but similar to last year's price.
According to the Xinfade Market Statistics Department, in May last year, large quantities of ginger were put in refrigerated storage through floating capital, so the supply of fresh ginger was limited. In September, the ginger price almost doubled. After October, however, there was a large supply of ginger from the main production regions in China, such as Laizhou, Changyi and Anqiu in Weifang, Shandong. In order to provide storage for new ginger and get rid of the old, the ginger farmers have dropped their prices dramatically.
Because the majority of the ginger on the market is new, and there has been a large harvest, the Xinfade Market Statistics Department states that this year's ginger price will not be very high, if there is no floating capital.
Source: Beijing Evening News
Publication date: 1/8/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: