Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: "Hainan mango production set to grow by 15% to 20%"
"The current mango season has just started. Because of the stable weather in 2017, the Hainan mango production will most likely grow by 15% to 20%. From 20 October 2017 until the beginning of November, the Hainan mangoes blossomed because of the dry weather. This will undoubtedly lead to an excess supply of mangoes entering the market in March and April 2018. It is still hard to predict how the price will develop," according to Mr. Yu Yanhuang of Sanya Fresh Fruit Jia Yuan Agriculture Co., Ltd.
A mango field
Vast Hainan mango fields
"It takes mangoes around 150 to 170 days to ripen. Under normal weather conditions, the Hainan mango production usually starts around New Year's Day, and ends around the first of May. Because of the tropical hurricane in 2016, the 2017 Hainan mango production dropped around 10% but the prices remained stable."
A mango field
Employees sorting mangoes
"We have around 70 hectares (700 mu) of mango fields in Sanya, Hainan. Around 30 hectares (300 mu) are our own, and the remaining 40 hectares (400 mu) are collectively owned. We grow many different breeds, such as Jinhuang, Taiya and Yuwen. We are currently selling our products through two channels: distributors and e-commerce platforms. The e-commerce takes up around 10% of our total sales. In the future, we are hoping to come into contact with large scale supermarkets and online traders during the blossoming period, so that they can place their purchasing orders early on."
Company: Sanya Fresh Fruit Jia Yuan Agriculture Co., Ltd.
Phone: +86 138 7686 5053
Publication date: 1/8/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: