- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Lead Auditor
- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Air-freighted fruit at Hong Kong supermarkets disastrous for the planet"
- Potatoes turned into crisps in 53 minutes
- China: Price of Harbin mountain grapes higher than usual
- Cleaner, fresher and more exotic foods the trend for 2019
- Australian summerfruit growers exporting to China receive extra funding
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Spain: Good potential for pistachios in Castile-leon
You need to be patient to see fruits, because it takes at least four years for the grafts of males and females to start procreating. But when they do and reach reproductive maturity (after ten years), you can get up to 1,000 kilos per hectare in dry land. "And prices are really good, at around 8 or 10 Euro per kilo," says the president of Aspropicyl (Association of Pistachio Producers of Castile-León), José María Rey.
The group brings together about 120 producers and was created to boost the crop's cultivation. In the past, it was assumed that "pistachio cultivation had no chance of developing" in Castile-Leon, but experience has shown that it performs even better than in other places. It is a rustic tree that needs sunshine and requires very little water, with cold-heat contrasts helping ensure a good quality.
And the region has "plenty of potential in that department." If we look at the data available, there has clearly been a pistachio boom. While in 2014 there were officially 302 hectares, in 2016 the figure already reached 546; a 81% growth, with Valladolid (266) and Zamora (151) as the main producers, although the crop can be found in all provinces except for Soria.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/11/2018 Chile is starting to use bees to increase the flowering of almond trees
- 10/11/2018 Date harvest yields close to expected results
- 10/08/2018 "Customers want to know what's in it and what's on it"
- 10/08/2018 Kazakhstan project unveiled for a nursery with modern equipment
- 10/02/2018 Ukraine walnut exports reach $100.8 million
- 09/27/2018 "Snack figs are very popular"
- 09/25/2018 Egypt starts planting two million palm trees of new types
- 09/21/2018 Report: Chinese imports of U.S. tree nuts likely to decrease in marketing year
- 09/19/2018 Pecan Nation wants to put the pecan on the map
- 09/19/2018 More domestic pistachio promotions expected this year
- 09/17/2018 Difficult export environment for 2018 Oregon hazelnut crop
- 09/14/2018 Egypt: HB Dates adds three production lines
- 09/14/2018 "France: "Walnut harvest looks pretty good"
- 09/07/2018 Ukraine could become the world’s third largest walnut producer this year
- 09/06/2018 "China: "Chestnut production in Liaoning down by about 10-15%"
- 09/05/2018 Record-sized crop forecast for Oregon hazelnuts
- 09/03/2018 2018 California Walnut Objective Measurement Report
- 08/30/2018 Chile: Internal consumption of dehydrated plum grows
- 08/28/2018 'Costa Rican pineapple rings popular with health-conscious consumers''
- 08/24/2018 US Nuts - Less competition under new Japan Free Trade Agreements