Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
India: Reduced harvest lossesThe food items that are wasted the most are fresh vegetables and fruit. India is the second-largest producer of fruits and vegetables in the world. But, every year, Indian farmers lose over 30% of their harvest due to lack of proper infrastructure and storage facilities.
"Using Ecofrost powered by sunshine, farmers can now increase the shelf life of their produce and operate in a wider market. It provides farmers with a solar-powered cold-storage unit to preserve produce that tends to spoil quickly, such as spinach, tomatoes, or capsicum. These products can now be stored for up to 21 days."
Farmers can control the temperature from their phone by selecting the produce that they want to store. On days when there is no sun, the facility is equipped with chemical batteries that maintain temperatures up to 30 hours. This necessary provision of proper infrastructure has opened doors to new possibilities."
For more information: www.ecozensolutions.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: