Job offersmore »
- Junior Trader Europe Division - Europe
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Spain: Sentinel II optical sorting machine debuts on television
- Spain: Organic food consumption continues to grow
- Foreign trade characterized by banking measures and import regulation
- It’s Fresh! secures $10 million investment from AgroFresh
- Firms announce deeper collaboration on M&A's in produce sector
Exchange ratesmore »
Uzbekistan exporting fruit and veg to new destinationsUzbekistan plans to significantly expand the number of export destinations for its fruits and vegetables, as reported on 26 December by Tohirzhon Zhalilov, chairman of the holding company "Uzbekkozikovkatholding", in an interview with the business information agency Abireg.
According to him, in 2017, the holding managed to sign agreements with companies from Russia, Turkey, South Korea, Saudi Arabia, China, Latvia and Pakistan.
In 2017, "Uzbekkozikavkatholding" supplied 32% more products to Russia than in 2016. The total volume of shipments amounted to 162 thousand tonnes worth $ 111 million.
Mr Zhalilov added that at present, contracts have been signed with large Russian retailers (Magnit, Maria Ra, Holiday, etc.) Products are delivered to Russia by road, rail and air transport.
Publication date: 1/5/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: