Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- “Europe is literally waiting for every lemon”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Vietnam: Food safety should be a priorityUnfortunately, in Vietnam unsafe food is still widespread in the domestic market, causing concern among consumers. “Vietnamese producers are very strict when it comes to exports, but in the domestic market consumers still face risks from unsafe food,” said Phạm Khánh Phong Lan, head of the Food Safety Management Board of HCM City.
In recent years, exports of Vietnamese farm produce have increased significantly. According to the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, Vietnam earned US$36.37 billion from farm produce exports last year, a year-on-year increase of 13 per cent. Fruits and vegetables alone fetched $3.5 billion.
“To achieve these numbers, Vietnamese farm produce must satisfy international quality standards, so the country can show that it has high potential for producing safe food,” Lan said.
Nguyễn Thái Bình, director of Trung An Hi-Tech Farming JSC, said that, to produce safe products, producers should comply with Vietnamese Good Agricultural Practices (VietGap) standards.
There is a lack of trust among consumers about safe products, he said. To win back trust, state management agencies must improve the control of the market and strictly deal with violations on food safety, he said.
According to vietnamnews.vn, HCM City itself has many practical programmes to develop safe food supply chains for domestic and export markets.
Publication date: 1/5/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: