Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru was second biggest supplier of fresh mangoes to the UK in 2016
In 2016, the United Kingdom imported US $171 million in fresh mangoes, said the Association of Agricultural Producers' Associations of Peru (AGAP).
According to the AGAP, Peru was the second biggest supplier of this fruit to the United Kingdom in 2016 with shipments for US $ 23 million, i.e. 13.5% of the total imported by the United Kingdom.
The main supplier of fresh mangoes to the United Kingdom is Brazil, which in 2016 made deliveries for US $33 million to that destination. Ghana ranked third with US $22 million.
AGAP highlighted that the United Kingdom is the largest consumer market for mangoes in Europe, and that the preferred varieties for UK consumers were the red and green mangoes.
According to Agrodata Peru, Peruvian fresh mango exports to all destinations in 2016 amounted to US $193,879,015 (153.894.875 kilos), and the United Kingdom was the third largest market.
In that year, the main destination markets for Peruvian mangoes were: the Netherlands with US $74 million (38% of the total), the United States, which accounted for 28% of the total, and the United Kingdom which accounted for 9% of the total, among others.
Publication date: 1/5/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: