Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- 'Readycado': Sensor alerts avo lovers when fruit is ready to eat
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru was second biggest supplier of fresh mangoes to the UK in 2016
In 2016, the United Kingdom imported US $171 million in fresh mangoes, said the Association of Agricultural Producers' Associations of Peru (AGAP).
According to the AGAP, Peru was the second biggest supplier of this fruit to the United Kingdom in 2016 with shipments for US $ 23 million, i.e. 13.5% of the total imported by the United Kingdom.
The main supplier of fresh mangoes to the United Kingdom is Brazil, which in 2016 made deliveries for US $33 million to that destination. Ghana ranked third with US $22 million.
AGAP highlighted that the United Kingdom is the largest consumer market for mangoes in Europe, and that the preferred varieties for UK consumers were the red and green mangoes.
According to Agrodata Peru, Peruvian fresh mango exports to all destinations in 2016 amounted to US $193,879,015 (153.894.875 kilos), and the United Kingdom was the third largest market.
In that year, the main destination markets for Peruvian mangoes were: the Netherlands with US $74 million (38% of the total), the United States, which accounted for 28% of the total, and the United Kingdom which accounted for 9% of the total, among others.
Publication date: 1/5/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: