- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Winter is the season for eating mangos in Lithuania
"We have seen that demand continues to increase for mangoes, but domestic consumption isn't very high. I think that this might be due to the fact that it is a more expensive fruit. I would say that the persimmon is its biggest competitor and tends to be a little more popular with consumers because it is significantly cheaper," said Nerijus.
The Tommy Atkins variety, with sizing between 7-9 is the most common in the Lithuanian market. Nerijus said that they import regular mangoes, along with ready-to-eat and that both types are equally popular.
"Consumers are not too picky about having a ready to eat mango, but I have found that it is a popular choice for food service, since they prefer to have something they can use immediately."
Mango exports are in limited quantities, ranging anywhere from a few boxes to a pallet, which is why Litbana sources from Holland. Prices are said to be relatively stable and selling for normal prices.
"During the last 10 years, the range of imported fruit and vegetables has increased due to demand of supplying supermarket chains and the HoReCa sector. This is why, along with trading fruits and vegetables, our company also offers warehouse services such as sorting, repacking, labeling and banana ripening, and operates as a cross board platform for reloading cargo to Eastern countries, offering customs brokers services."
For more information:
Tel. +370 5 2601938
Fax +370 5 2107032
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/19/2018 Mission Produce celebrating 35 years at PMA
- 10/19/2018 Del Monte launches the Honeyglow Pineapple variety
- 10/19/2018 A strong show of support for the mighty avocado
- 10/18/2018 Australian mangoes tested by Dutch trade companies
- 10/17/2018 Peru exported more avos and mangoes in first eight months than in all of last year
- 10/17/2018 Peru: Important recovery of pineapple exports
- 10/17/2018 USDA appoints new board members to the National Mango Board
- 10/16/2018 Spain: Mangoes from July to December if the right varieties are planted
- 10/16/2018 Two new varieties in the EAT ME fresh kit range
- 10/12/2018 PapaMango, the Sicilian mango
- 10/12/2018 Bali: Ready to export dragon fruits
- 10/11/2018 ‘Avo prices have hit their peak, supply continues to skyrocket’
- 10/11/2018 Greece: “Our aim is to double our kiwi capacity”
- 10/10/2018 Turkey: Grower in Antalya switches from tomato and pepper to dragon fruit
- 10/10/2018 Vietnamese farmers victims of dragon fruit price drop
- 10/10/2018 Mexico: Mango exports to the US decline due to the rains
- 10/10/2018 Which demographics differentiate Hispanic avocado shoppers from Non-Hispanics?
- 10/09/2018 Chapaya - palm fruit with a meaty edge
- 10/09/2018 AU: Papaya growers experiencing record crop this spring
- 10/08/2018 Vietnam’s Central Highlands encouraged to expand avocado farming