Job offersmore »
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Colder weather means good news for Fredericksburg peach cropFreezing temperatures in Texas are helping businesses in Fredericksburg bear fruit. Last year, peach growers ran into some bad luck when the crop didn't get into the right temperature range until it was too late.
In order for peaches to grow, the fruit needs to spend hundreds of hours within a temperature range of about 35 - 45 o F (2 to 7o C) during a certain time period. Last year, this just didn’t materialize.
News4sanantonio.com notices how this year, Mother Nature has been a little kinder to the Fredericksburg growers. So far, some 450 hours within the right temperature ranges have been logged.
Publication date: 1/5/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: