- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Export Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- One Banana 2017 Living Wage program; fighting poverty in Guatemala
- Aop Luce starts its Melannurca Campana IGP campaign 2018
- Ken Stewart managing sales at Asumendi Produce
- Tour de Fresh brings 46 more salad bars to U.S. schools in its 5th year
- USDA announces $102.7 million investment to expand markets for specialty crop and other farmers
Top 5 -last week
Absence of cold storage: Indian tomato farmers resort to distress sales
Even as tomatoes are being sold for 20-30 rupees (0.26-0.39 euros) a kilogram in open market in Rourkela and other towns in the state, farmers in Nuagaon find it difficult to recover even the cost of cultivation as traders do not offer them more than 8 to 10 rupees (0.11-0.13 euros) per kg. The growers are often fearful about defaulting on loan payments.
While the farmers had expected to make a profit from this year’s harvest, the distress sale has shattered their hopes again. They are frustrated at the absence of storage facilities. Orissapost.com reported that after repeated demands for cold storage, there was a mini cold storage constructed in Nuagaon. Another cold storage was constructed in 2013-14. However, both cold storages are closed now.
Lack of awareness and support from Horticulture and Agriculture Departments keeps on worsening the farmers’ plight.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/15/2018 US: Demand for bell peppers on the rise
- 10/15/2018 “Watercress - a power food for all seasons”
- 10/15/2018 China: Peppers in abundance
- 10/15/2018 China: Red choy sum on the market one month early
- 10/15/2018 China: How will bumper harvest of leeks affect the price?
- 10/15/2018 Baja green bean supplies to be short after Hurricane Rosa
- 10/15/2018 Israeli cucumbers more expensive due to viruses
- 10/15/2018 US: Pueblo County farmers rush to pick green chilli peppers
- 10/12/2018 ''We hope German food retailers will soon start selling these nutritious legumes ''
- 10/12/2018 Chinese garlic growers clash with officials
- 10/12/2018 Peppers: Competition is between Italy, Spain and the Netherlands
- 10/12/2018 Italy wants the Lamuyo pepper
- 10/12/2018 Peruvian company Virú acquires pepper distributor in Spain
- 10/12/2018 'Great development potential for Chicarita novelty lettuce''
- 10/12/2018 China: Vegetable prices beginning to recover
- 10/12/2018 China: Prohibition on garlic farming around Lake Erhu
- 10/12/2018 US (CA): Researchers get $5 million to combat downy mildew in lettuce
- 10/11/2018 Plan 2020: King Courgette guarantees that 100% of the energy used in its facilities is green
- 10/11/2018 China: Fall in sweet potato prices
- 10/11/2018 Production thins on imported calabaza