Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Sudan anticipates rising mango exportsThe Sudan Center for Horticultural Exports has predicted an increase in both mango production and export for this year. Huge quantities of mangoes have already been exported to Jordan and Qatar.
The Director of the Center, Abdul Rahaman Abdul Majid, claims that this season will see an increase in mango production, because of the conducive climate. He also pointing out that a higher number of packing companies now have entered the market, which will help boost exports. According to malaysiandigest.com, the Awalad Attab company already exported more than 125 tons of mangoes since the season started a short while ago.
The Centre has also started exporting dates to Ethiopia, following the adoption of a treatment and sterilization process. Beside Ethiopia, Qatar is now expressing its interest in importing sterilized dates from Sudan.
Abdul Majid urges producers to maintain the good reputation of Sudanese products and to avoid any excessive use of fertilizers and chemicals. He said farmers should give special attention to the cultivation, harvesting and packing processes.
Publication date: 1/4/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: