Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Hot pepper prices increased in December 2017
The whole range of domestic hot peppers has been on the market for over a week. Since production areas brought larger volumes of hot peppers to the market and their quality is relatively stable, purchasing merchants had more leeway to select. Purchasing merchants made a distinction in hot pepper supplies, and the final price was determined by the dryness and quality of the peppers.
Overall, the price of domestic hot peppers remained stable. Farmers and small vendors held back on sales, and together with warehouse merchants they strictly control cost fluctuations. Since the start of December, the price of domestic hot peppers has slowly warmed up, but in the major hot pepper producing areas that increase was not large. At present, Henan, Wucheng in Shandong, and Xian county in Hebei have a steady foundation for loading hot peppers and transport is smooth. The production areas in Jinxiang and Linying bring a smaller volume on the market. Their deals are sealed quickly, but among warehouse merchants there are fewer purchases.
Source: Shandong Wucheng department for prices
Publication date: 1/4/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: