Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
India: Parimpora fruit dealers to fund Controlled Atmosphere storeThe New Kashmir Fruit Growers Association intends to construct a 5000 metric ton controlled atmospheric (CA) store for preservation of fruits with an estimate cost of 260 million rupees (3.4 mln euros), borne by the fruit dealers union itself.
An official of the Horticulture Department said that the government has provided land for the construction of a CA store at the Parimpora fruit marketing complex.
“A memorandum of understanding was signed between the Horticulture Department and the New Kashmir Fruit Growers Association last week,” he said adding that “apart from leasing out land, all the expenditure will be borne by the fruit dealers cum growers union themselves for establishing the CA store.”
Greaterkashmir.com reported how this enterprise is one the types of initiatives where a union or association, instead of waiting for government funds, is taking steps to develop facilities. This CA store will help growers preserve fruits -mostly apples- for longer, increasing their revenue.
Publication date: 1/4/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: