Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
India: Parimpora fruit dealers to fund Controlled Atmosphere storeThe New Kashmir Fruit Growers Association intends to construct a 5000 metric ton controlled atmospheric (CA) store for preservation of fruits with an estimate cost of 260 million rupees (3.4 mln euros), borne by the fruit dealers union itself.
An official of the Horticulture Department said that the government has provided land for the construction of a CA store at the Parimpora fruit marketing complex.
“A memorandum of understanding was signed between the Horticulture Department and the New Kashmir Fruit Growers Association last week,” he said adding that “apart from leasing out land, all the expenditure will be borne by the fruit dealers cum growers union themselves for establishing the CA store.”
Greaterkashmir.com reported how this enterprise is one the types of initiatives where a union or association, instead of waiting for government funds, is taking steps to develop facilities. This CA store will help growers preserve fruits -mostly apples- for longer, increasing their revenue.
Publication date: 1/4/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: