Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Subsidiary of Iran Shipping Lines launches Khorramshahr-Sohar serviceThe Bulk and General Cargo Carriage Company, a subsidiary of the Islamic Republic of Iran Shipping Lines, has launched a new freight service between the ports of Khorramshahr and Sohar.
According to Oman’s ambassador to Iran, Saud bin Ahmad Khalid al-Barwani, the new shipping route would boost trade between the two countries. Oman is very interested in setting up regular shipping services between other Iranian ports.
The trade volume with Oman was US $148 million in 2013, but it reached US $540 million last year and is expected to reach US $5 billion in the next four years. According to an arabiansupplychain.com article, the establishment of new shipping routes between the two countries is one of the most important infrastructures to increase trade volume.
Abbas Abdolkhani, Iran’s commercial attaché to Oman, said Iran exported close to 1.3 million tons of goods worth US $374 million to Oman during the eight months to Nov. 21. The main exported products include iron and steel, tar, copper cathode, petrochemicals, foodstuff, fruit and vegetable and construction material.
Publication date: 1/4/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: