Job offersmore »
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Maersk Line sees Nepal as long-term trade partnerAt a recently concluded trade meeting in Kathmandu, Nepal, Maersk Line announced its intent to push for accelerated trade in the country. The Nepal import market doubled in the past five years and Maersk line is confident of a continued momentum.
In June 2017, Maersk Line moved the first-ever container shipment from Visakhapatnam to Nepal, via an exclusive block train service, named “the Kathmandu Express”. This service offers a guaranteed fixed transit time from the load port to the Birgunj inland clearance depot, just over the Nepal border. Maersk Line is the first shipping line to introduce this innovative product.
Since its launch, momentum has built up quickly based on customer demand. Hellenicshippingnews.com reported that the company expects 5 or 6 block trains to move monthly from Vishakhapatnam to Birgunj.
Publication date: 1/5/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: