Job offersmore »
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- Sinaloa mango pack-house opens for the season
- 45 double ripening chambers in new Lidl Moerdijk distribution centre
- TAPKIT: 500m2 self-assembly hydroponic greenhouse
- Chilean Hortifrut interested in buying the largest Peruvian producer of blueberries
- “We provide remote, in-transit corrective actions to containerized shipments”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Poland: Chinese purchase of Appol to have impact on concentrate marketAppol's purchase by SDIC Zhonglu Fruit Juice, a transaction in which KPMG was pleased to act as financial advisor, is a testament to the growing interest of Chinese companies in the Polish market, which is already translating into real investment projects," says Piotr Grauer, director at KPMG.
He added that, in the case of apple concentrate, Poland is the biggest market for its production in Europe; therefore, for SDIC, the acquisition of Appol may mean not only taking over a local producer, but also entering a large, attractive EU market.
"Moreover, Chinese apple varieties are slightly different from those that are grown in Poland, so the apple concentrates that are produced from them also have different characteristics, so this market area was previously unavailable to companies from China," says the expert.
"This transaction will certainly also affect the balance of power on the concentrate production market in Poland, which until now was dominated by players from Western Europe. This may result in an increase in market activity and translate into further M&A transactions in this sector," he added.
Publication date: 1/4/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: