Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Poland: Chinese purchase of Appol to have impact on concentrate marketAppol's purchase by SDIC Zhonglu Fruit Juice, a transaction in which KPMG was pleased to act as financial advisor, is a testament to the growing interest of Chinese companies in the Polish market, which is already translating into real investment projects," says Piotr Grauer, director at KPMG.
He added that, in the case of apple concentrate, Poland is the biggest market for its production in Europe; therefore, for SDIC, the acquisition of Appol may mean not only taking over a local producer, but also entering a large, attractive EU market.
"Moreover, Chinese apple varieties are slightly different from those that are grown in Poland, so the apple concentrates that are produced from them also have different characteristics, so this market area was previously unavailable to companies from China," says the expert.
"This transaction will certainly also affect the balance of power on the concentrate production market in Poland, which until now was dominated by players from Western Europe. This may result in an increase in market activity and translate into further M&A transactions in this sector," he added.
Publication date: 1/4/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: