Job offersmore »
- Junior Trader Europe Division - Europe
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Spain: Sentinel II optical sorting machine debuts on television
- Spain: Organic food consumption continues to grow
- Foreign trade characterized by banking measures and import regulation
- It’s Fresh! secures $10 million investment from AgroFresh
- Firms announce deeper collaboration on M&A's in produce sector
Exchange ratesmore »
World’s smallest and the world’s sweetest tomatoes reach Israeli shelvesCherry tomatoes, purple tomatoes, and this week two new tomato varieties will hit Israeli supermarket shelves. We’re talking about the Bon Bon Tomato, the world’s sweetest tomato, and the Tipa Tomato, the world’s smallest.
These new tomato varieties are the creation of Ariel Kitron, Dubi Dagay, and David Mizrahi, three farmers from Moshav Idan. In 2015 they founded Kedem, an agri-tech company, with the goal of developing innovative fruits and vegetables.
The trio mapped both Israeli and global markets and found that there is a demand for a new and unique variety of a particularly small tomato suitable for finger foods and salads.
Dr. Yonatan Elkind, an expert in genetic engineering, plant breeding and physiology at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, told jewishpress.com that Israel remains a leader in agricultural innovation, but the international competition is tougher than ever before.
Publication date: 1/8/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: