Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Saudi Arabia: Food prices on the riseIn Saudi Arabia, the prices of foodstuffs, vegetables and fruits have gone up -as have taxi fares- after the implementation of a Value Added Tax (VAT) and the hike in fuel prices.
According to Mohammed Al-Johani, deputy chairman of the Committee on Foodstuff at the Jeddah Chamber of Commerce and Industry, there will be a 30 to 40 percent increase in the prices of fruits, vegetables and dairy products.
The Saudi Gazette learned that Mutassim Abu Zinadah, Chairman of the traders of fruits and vegetables, warned that some retail shops may attempt to raise prices following the introduction of VAT and the increase in fuel prices. “There was a difference of about 20% in the prices of fruits and vegetables in the central market and retail shops before the introduction of VAT,” he said, adding: “Now the difference may go up to 30% after VAT.”
Publication date: 1/3/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: