- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- Banken Champignons starts supplying four countries with Vitamin D mushrooms
- Egypt: Only certified farms allowed to export Pomegranates this season
- "We need good calibers for our Clemen Rubi to be competitive"
- US vegetable grower retains strategic partner
- "China: "Extreme weather conditions had little influence on price of kiwifruit"
Top 5 -last week
- Arctic Apple grower takes visitors on an orchard tour
- California table grape industry moves record volumes
- South African off-season avocados: “There are a lot of hectares coming”
- Spain: Mangoes from July to December if the right varieties are planted
- US (CA): Smart Cannabis retrofits greenhouses in Monterey County
Foreign trade characterized by banking measures and import regulation
Algeria’s imports declined by little more than 1 billion dollars compared to 2016 to around 45 billion dollars, while the goal set for 2017 was a reduction to 30 billion.
The government has decided to continue reducing imports and encourage domestic production by temporarily suspending importing several hundreds of products, raising taxes and tariffs for others and suppressing some import licenses.
Since early 2017, the Bank of Algeria has also issued a series of measures to provide a framework for foreign trade, in order to further contain imports. Banks have thus been requested to suspend all banking domiciliation for citrus fruit and fresh vegetables imports.
En.aps.dz reports that suspension of imports is expected to affect 851 products as from 2018.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/19/2018 Social Media: image cultivation for the noble tuber
- 10/19/2018 Dutch grower gets permission to grow medicinal cannabis
- 10/19/2018 Fairtrade sees 9% sales growth in 2017, exceeding €8 billion for first time
- 10/19/2018 ProducePay raises $14m Series B Funding to help farmers feed the world
- 10/19/2018 US: Spotted lanternfly found in Virginia
- 10/19/2018 Cheap and simple gadget makes grapes safer for kids
- 10/19/2018 ‘Southern Africa can expect to see erratic rainfall in 2018/19 agricultural season’
- 10/18/2018 Invasive beetle causes big problems on Hawaii's Big Island
- 10/18/2018 Spain: A new way to consume fruit on the go
- 10/18/2018 Washington sanctions Iranian banks, factories and mines
- 10/18/2018 AU: Scott Morrison reassures farmers that an "Ag Visa" is still on the cards
- 10/18/2018 More funding to tackle fruit flies in Australia
- 10/18/2018 Qatar - Researchers crack code deciding date palm gender
- 10/18/2018 Pests that spread citrus disease are key to cure
- 10/18/2018 South Africa - Almost R1 billion allocated to Western Cape drought relief
- 10/18/2018 Tearless onions... Who needs them?
- 10/17/2018 England's 50 largest built up areas
- 10/17/2018 Chloe Rutzerveld reflects on 4 years of her mini 3D printed vegetable garden
- 10/17/2018 Fuego volcano continues to threaten Guatemala
- 10/17/2018 Land reform - all over the world