Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Wiers Farm-IFCO celebrate 10-year partnership
The ten-year partnership between Wiers Farm, a family-owned produce farm in Willard, Ohio, and IFCO, provider of Reusable Plastic Containers (RPCs) for fresh food packaging, has delivered tangible economic and sustainability benefits while providing consumers with high quality, nutritious food, according to IFCO.
“IFCO is a great partner that helps us meet our marketplace objectives,” said Wiers Farm Partner, Ed Wiers. “Their RPCs are easy to handle. They also protect and cool our product better, have better structural integrity and cost less than other types of produce packaging.”
Wiers Farm uses 1.3 million IFCO Reusable Plastic Containers (RPCs) annually to package, ship, store and display a wide variety of fresh produce, including lettuce, zucchini, squash, peppers, cucumbers, corn, eggplant and greens.
“We are proud of our long-term collaboration with Wiers Farm,” said Daniel Walsh, president of IFCO North America. “Our partnership is based on the shared goal of creating an efficient, sustainable and cost-effective food supply chain that provides families across North America with safe, nutritious, delicious and affordable food, and the results speak for themselves.”
IFCO's Daniel Walsh
Throughout 2017, IFCO is celebrating the 25th anniversary of the company’s founding with a series of announcements, events and a donation of €25,000 to food banks across Europe and North America. Since its founding, IFCO RPCs been use for 9.5 billion trips, generating $5.2 billion in customer savings, while reducing carbon emissions, water use and solid waste when compared to one-way packaging.
For more information, please contact:
IFCO North America
Publication date: 12/21/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: