Job offersmore »
- VP Sales and Marketing - Warsaw
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
Top 5 - yesterday
- US Romaine lettuce E. coli outbreak quite relentless
- A challenging new citrus import season from southern hemisphere
- NZ: Spraying without chemicals, residues or health and safety issues
- Busy first day of CPMA show in sunny Vancouver
- "Rumours causing importers to switch from Chinese to Spanish garlic"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Cold storage at Los Indios may start in FebruaryLast week, the new cold storage inspection facility at the Free Trade Bridge at Los Indios was dedicated. The new facility will give Mexican truckers an alternative to the similar inspection facility at the Pharr-Reynosa International Bridge. The new facility is the culmination of about two years of work by local, state and federal officials.
According to a valleymorningstar.com article, the structure itself is now done; currently, work is being done on the powering up. The so-called ‘box’ is the walled-in refrigeration unit which is so important to produce shippers.
When a produce truck is sent for a secondary inspection when crossing the border at Los Indios now, the vegetables or fruits packed in the truck are hauled out onto an open dock. The new refrigerated inspection facility, which has three cooled docking bays, will maintain the cold chain for produce crossing at Los Indios and make it a far more attractive option to shippers.
Publication date: 12/22/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: