Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Cold storage at Los Indios may start in FebruaryLast week, the new cold storage inspection facility at the Free Trade Bridge at Los Indios was dedicated. The new facility will give Mexican truckers an alternative to the similar inspection facility at the Pharr-Reynosa International Bridge. The new facility is the culmination of about two years of work by local, state and federal officials.
According to a valleymorningstar.com article, the structure itself is now done; currently, work is being done on the powering up. The so-called ‘box’ is the walled-in refrigeration unit which is so important to produce shippers.
When a produce truck is sent for a secondary inspection when crossing the border at Los Indios now, the vegetables or fruits packed in the truck are hauled out onto an open dock. The new refrigerated inspection facility, which has three cooled docking bays, will maintain the cold chain for produce crossing at Los Indios and make it a far more attractive option to shippers.
Publication date: 12/22/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: