"Unfortunately, small businesses that don't produce large quantities are not taken into consideration by supermarket chains, so it's essential to work together and aggregate volumes."
"Our PO was set up in 2013 by seven Sicilian organic producers who wanted to strengthen such a penalised sector that has always had to deal with unfair competition from other countries. The PO now gathers ten producers and aims at acquiring more to become a commercialisation hub."
• Azienda agricola Denaro Vincenzo
• Azienda agricola Giallongo Rosaria
• Azienda agricola Medici Massimiliano
• Azienda agricola Milana Antonino
• Azienda agricola Milana Daniela
• Azienda agricola Milana Giovanni
• Azienda agricola Milana Ignazio
• Bioinvio s.r.l. di Di Geronimo Rosario
• Ortoverde di Di Rosa Vincenzo
• Società agricola S.D.I s.r.l.
Together, these companies cover over 400 hectares with an annual overall turnover of around €5 million (2017) for 4,500,000 of produce in total.
The production calendar is rather extended considering the wide range of products produced by the PO.
"As regards the current potato season, we can say that we use seeds from France, the Netherlands and Germany. Quality is excellent and the produce is particularly flavourful, so much so that it is very popular abroad."
Salvatore Milana, PO technician
"We have a privileged relationship with the foreign market because our clients are happy with the way we select our products. Just think that they rate each supply, which is inspected and checked in detail. We want to be rated because we are certain about the quality of our products."
OP BiOrto Ibleo Soc. Consortile a r.l.
97014 Ispica (RG) ITALIA
Tel.: +39 0932 704054
Fax: +39 0932 959264