Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Red Star Market will finish construction this month
The Red Star Market has become one of the biggest brands on the Chinese fruit market. It is now ranked third in China. In 2018, the Changsha Red Star Market will move to Baizhu Village in Tiaoma Town, Yuhua District, where its area will quadruple. Instead of only purchasing in China, it will both buy and sell products worldwide. The international purchasing center for the agricultural products on the new Changsha Red Star Market has been made possible by investments of 5 billion yuan, and it will be 63 hectares (631 mu). The build of the new market will finish this month. It will cut down the transportation time of imported fruit to two to fours days.
In the past few years, the fruit basket of the Changsha people has been filled with more and more foreign fruit, and their fruit consumption has seen a transformation. 90% of the imported fruit, involving mainly durian, longan, dragon fruit and cherries, is brought to families through many different channels, such as the Red Star Market, online stores, supermarkets and fruit chain stores.
Source: Stars Online
Publication date: 12/21/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: