- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Export Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Myanmar: State government and private sector to cultivate ginger in Rakhine
One of the more viable avenues for growth and economic development in Rakhine is in the cultivation of ginger and production of ginger-based goods. Already, a draft plan to establish a ginger plantation in the State is in the works, the MyanMar Times learned.
Ginger is a staple of local diets and the country also exports 3 million dollars worth of ginger to Bangladesh each year. Even though ginger is now planted mainly in the south of Shan State, conditions in Rakhine State are favourable for cultivation.
From Rakhine, ginger can also be exported directly to Bangladesh, which is more cost-effective as Rakhine ginger farmers can save on transportation costs. While there are also opportunities to export ginger to the US, Netherlands and Germany, demand for Myanmar ginger from Bangladesh is currently the greatest.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/15/2018 Chinese kiwi prices on a roller coaster ride
- 10/15/2018 "Kiwis are going to be a growing crop in Valencia"
- 10/15/2018 South African off-season avocados: “There are a lot of hectares coming”
- 10/15/2018 Mango industry in Australia expected to produce more than 10 million trays
- 10/12/2018 US lifts ban on Peruvian pomegranate arils
- 10/12/2018 "Sichuan kiwifruit aims for European market"
- 10/12/2018 Southeast Asian fruit imports push Chinese industry forward
- 10/12/2018 European gooseberry market much more established than the US
- 10/12/2018 US lifts ban on pomegranate aril import from Peru
- 10/12/2018 Sri Lanka: Pineapple and passion fruit cultivation zones to be established in Moneragala
- 10/12/2018 Vietnam: Fire destroys hundreds of tons of dragon fruit
- 10/11/2018 Italy: Fewer persimmons but good quality and better prices
- 10/11/2018 The climate changes and tropical fruits grow in Italy
- 10/11/2018 Colombia: National coconuts cover 80% of domestic demand
- 10/11/2018 China: Fresh "fruit lotus root" from Linyi, Shandong, enters the market
- 10/11/2018 "People are only now discovering the kaki"
- 10/11/2018 Malta's forgotten miracle crop - prickly pears
- 10/11/2018 Start of organic mango season in Peru & Ecuador
- 10/11/2018 ‘Vietnam optimizes dragon fruit exports’
- 10/10/2018 Chile ships its last kiwis of the season