Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- Sinaloa mango pack-house opens for the season
- Lidl Moerdijk: Europe's largest banana ripening facility
- Chilean Hortifrut interested in buying the largest Peruvian producer of blueberries
- TAPKIT: 500m2 self-assembly hydroponic greenhouse
- “We provide remote, in-transit corrective actions to containerized shipments”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Business forum held to facilitate supply of Kazakh products to QatarDoha has hosted the first Qatar-Kazakhstan business forum ever held between both countries, where more than 70 representatives of state institutions and businesses discussed prospects for cooperation and has even created a business council.
More than 420 local companies showcased their products at the exhibition Made in Qatar-2017, rightly called the largest in Doha.
The event was thoroughly prepared, as the exhibition was visited by the Emir himself. For its part, the Kazakhstan stand featured Almaty apples, juices and many other goods, which managed to attract the attention of visitors. For Kazakh entrepreneurs, this entails good opportunities to enter the Qatari market.
Marat Karimov, an entrepreneur attending the event, said that "the purpose of our visit here is to allow the local market to become familiar with our goods. Our company produces apple juices and jams. We expect to sign contracts for the delivery of our products to local markets and for further mutually beneficial cooperation.
A representative at the event said that "business contacts are made for the benefit of all parties, and cooperation needs to be developed in all sectors of the economy. This, above all, concerns the export of products by Kazakhstan's agro-industrial sector."
This is, in fact, the first business forum held in the history of bilateral cooperation between the two countries. Today, the development of business ties is considered of strategic importance, given how Qatar is a 100% importer of a wide range of products, which makes it a very interesting market for the sale of Kazakhstani products.
For now, the trade turnover between Qatar and Kazakhstan is only $ 90,000 per year and logistics problems remain the biggest issue, being also the most frequently addressed in the forum. In any case, this situation could be changed, according to representatives of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Qatar.
Publication date: 12/22/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: