- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Export Manager
- Highly Experienced Agribusiness Professional now Available
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- “I’m surprised by the number of recalls”
- Christmas tree-flavored potato chips have arrived
- China: Fresh "fruit lotus root" from Linyi, Shandong, enters the market
- Vachamon Awards 2018 attendee hopes to boost apple and pear imports in Thailand
- Globally innovative Dutch agricultural equipment company shines at iFresh Fair
Sweet potatoes gaining ground in Germany
This growing popularity is in line with the preferences of consumers, since three quarters of them in Germany say they would like to try different varieties of fruits/vegetables, according to a study conducted by the market intelligence agency Mintel.
Sweet potatoes are becoming increasingly popular not only in Germany, but across Europe. Although the market for sweet potatoes is still relatively small, imports and consumption are growing rapidly.
The growing preference for the tuber can be attributed to several factors, such as its good taste, high versatility and, in particular, to their well-balanced nutritional composition.
In addition to its health benefits, the demand for sweet potatoes relies on the behaviour of European consumers, who are seeking variety.
As consumers become more aware of healthy nutrition habits and pay more attention to the quality of their diet, the popularity of sweet potatoes is expected to continue rising.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/12/2018 Wisconsin potato grower introduces Harvest Delites brand
- 10/11/2018 Durian potato chips appearing in China
- 10/11/2018 Potato virus no threat to New Zealand chip supply
- 10/11/2018 US: North Carolina farmers fear impact on sweet potato crop
- 10/11/2018 Onion market and crop update for October 11, 2018
- 10/10/2018 Toiling to make the perfect chip
- 10/10/2018 Colorado potato harvest approaching end
- 10/10/2018 Baby potato supplier to undergo full re-brand
- 10/10/2018 Tearless onions about to start second season
- 10/10/2018 Russia: Agrofirma KRiMM sends first potato exports to Azerbaijan
- 10/10/2018 Czech Republic: Potato prices will double
- 10/09/2018 “Due to high onion prices, Far East mostly off the market and export to Africa also calmer”
- 10/09/2018 UK potato harvesting sees patchy progress
- 10/08/2018 Turkey: Harvest season for potato and its market price
- 10/08/2018 China: Ningxi "hometown of potatoes" welcomes harvest season
- 10/08/2018 Brazil: High national onion supply depresses domestic market prices
- 10/05/2018 Turkey: Onion sale price at the grower is 0.12 USD per kg
- 10/05/2018 Turkey: Increasing production costs leaves onion growers in a bind
- 10/05/2018 Onion market and crop update for October 4, 2018
- 10/05/2018 Great Britain: "Still has old 2017 harvest left on the fresh market"